- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (80%)
- IMMUNOGEN: DDX3 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human DDX3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 460 - 510 of DDX3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DDX3 antibody can be used for the detection of DDX3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: DDX3 antibody will detect both DDX3 and DBY.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-011 - Hep G2 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: DDX3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DDX3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DDX3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DDX3X
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DDX3 Antibody: DBX, DDX3, HLP2, DDX14, DBX, ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX3X, DEAD box protein 3, X-chromosomal
- Protein Accession Number: AAC34298
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 3523150
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1654
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DDX3 Antibody: DDX3 contains all of the motifs of the DEAD-box family of RNA helicases, including the Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp sequence that gives the protein family its name and distinguishes it from other RNA helicases. DDX3 is localized to the X chromosome and has a highly conserved functional homolog (DBY) on the Y chromosome. DDX3 is thought to be involved in RNA splicing, RNA transport, and translation initiation. It has also been shown to be involved in cell growth control and is deregulated in hepatitis virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. Recent experiments suppressing DDX3 expression blocked HIV-1 RNA export from the nucleus, suggesting that DDX3 functions as a shuttling protein that transports the HIV-1 protein Rev and its cofactor CRM1 from the nucleus to the cytoplasm.
- 1: Linder P, Lasko PF, Ashburner M, et al. Birth of the D-E-A-D box. Nature 1989; 337:121-2.
- 2: Park SH, Lee SG, Kim Y, et al. Assignment of a human putative RNA helicase gene, DDX3, to human X chromosome bands p11.3-->p11.23. Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 1998; 81:178-9.
- 3: Lahn BT and Page DC. Functional coherence of the human Y chromosome. Science 1997; 278:675-80.
- 4: Abdelhaleem M. RNA helicases: regulators of differentiation. Clin. Biochem. 2005; 38:499-503.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3759
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin