- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: DCP2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human DCP2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 340 - 390 of DCP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DCP2 antibody can be used for detection of DCP2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of DCP2 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-701 - Human Testis Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 46 kDa
- PURIFICATION: DCP2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DCP2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DCP2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DCP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DCP2 Antibody: NUDT20, NUDT20, m7GpppN-mRNA hydrolase, Nucleoside diphosphate-linked moiety X motif 20, Nudix motif 20
- Protein Accession Number: NP_689837
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 31542498
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 167227
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DCP2 Antibody: The removal, or decapping, of eukaryotic mRNA is an important step in the degradation of mRNA. Decapping protein 2 (DCP2) is the major mRNA decapping enzyme in cells. It is a member of the Nudix hydrolases superfamily of proteins that predominantly catalyze the hydrolysis of small nucleoside diphosphate substrates linked to another moiety. DCP2 is widely expressed in multiple tissues at varying levels, with highest expression seen in testis and brain.
- 1: Song MG, Li Y, and Kiledjian M. Multiple mRNA decapping enzymes in mammalian cells. Mol. Cell 2010; 40:423-32.
- 2: Dunckley T and Parker R. The DCP2 protein is required for mRNA decapping in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and contains a functional MutT motif. EMBO J. 18:5411-22.
- 3: Bessman MJ, Frick DN, and O'Handley SF. The MutT proteins of “Nudix" hydrolases, a family of versatile, widely distributed, “housecleaning" enzymes. J. Biol. Chem. 1996; 271:25059-62
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7049
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin