- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: DCNP1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human DCNP1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of DCNP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DCNP1 antibody can be used for detection of DCNP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: DCNP1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1407 - Mouse Skeletal Muscle Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 27 kDa
Observed: 24 kDa
- PURIFICATION: DCNP1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DCNP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DCNP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C5orf20
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DCNP1 Antibody: DCNP1, C5orf20, Dendritic cell nuclear protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_570900
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 18677770
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 140947
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The DCNP1 (dendritic cell nuclear protein 1) gene is specifically expressed in dendritic cells, potent antigen-presenting cells involved in activating naive T cells to initiate antigen-specific immune response (1). It is localized mainly in the perinucleus. One of the alleles (A/T) of this gene causes premature translation termination at aa 117 and has been associated with an increased prevalence of major depression in humans (2,3). DCNP1 may play a role in the pathogenesis of depressive disorders by enhancing corticotropin-releasing hormone expression in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (4).
- 1: Masuda M, Senju S, Fujii Si S, et al. Identification and immunocytochemical analysis of DCNP1, a dendritic cell-associated nuclear protein. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2002; 290:1022-9.
- 2: Willis-Owen SA, Shifman S, Copley RR, et al. DCNP1: a novel candidate gene for major depression. Mol. Psychiatry 2006; 11:121-2.
- 3: Bosker FJ, Hartman CA, Nolte IM, et al. Poor replication of candidate genes for major depressive disorder using genome-wide association data. Mol. Psychiatry 2011; 16:516-32.
- 4: Zhou T, Wang S, Ren H, et al. Dendritic cell nuclear protein-1, a novel depression-related protein, upregulates corticotropin-releasing hormone expression. Brain 2010; 133:3069-79.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7769
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin