- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: DCLK1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human DCLK1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of DCLK1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DCLK1 antibody can be used for detection of DCLK1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse and rat samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 90 kDa
Observed: 85 kDa
- PURIFICATION: DCLK1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DCLK1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DCLK1 antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DCLK1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DCLK1 Antibody: CL1, DCLK, CLICK1, DCDC3A, DCAMKL1, KIAA0369, Doublecortin domain-containing protein 3A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004725
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4758128
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9201
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DCLK1 Antibody: DCLK1 is one of three doublecortin-like kinases similar to the Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaMK) family. DCLK1 mRNA, like that of the homologous DCLK2 and DCLK3, is highly expressed in adult brain, but only DCLK1 and DCLK2 transcripts are present in human fetal brain and the developing mouse embryo, suggesting that DCLK1 and DCLK2 may play roles in cortical development. The DCLK proteins are homologous to Doublecortin (DCX), a gene that is mutated in X-linked human lissencephaly. In mouse models where the DCX gene has been disrupted, DCLK1 expression increases slightly and appears to compensate for the loss of DCX, as mice mutant for both DCX and DCLK1 show a severe phenotype including perinatal lethality, disorganized neocortical layering, and profound hippocampal cytoarchitectural disorganization. Unlike DCLK1, DCLK2 expression does not change in DCX-null mice.
- 1: Sossey-Alaoui K and Srivastava AK. DCAMKL1, a brain specific transmembrane protein on 13q12.3 that is similar to doublecortin (DCX), Genomics1999; 56:121-6.
- 2: Ohmae S, Takemoto-Kimura S, Okamura M, et al. Molecular identification and characterization of a family of kinases with homology to Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinases I/IV. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:20427-39.
- 3: Tuy FPD, Saillour Y, Kappeler C, et al. Alternative transcripts of Dlck1 and Dlck2 and their expression in doublecortin knockout mice. Dev. Neurosci.2008; 30:171-86.
- 4: Reiner O and Coquelle FM. Missense mutations resulting in type 1 lissencephaly. Cell Mol. Life Sci.2005; 62:425-34.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5633
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin