- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: DC-SIGN antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 21 amino acids near the center of human DC-DIGN.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of DC-SIGN.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DC-SIGN antibody can be used for detection of DC-SIGN by Western blot at 1 to 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1308 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-521 - Human Lymphoid Tissue Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 44 kDa
Observed: 47 kDa
- PURIFICATION: DC-SIGN Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DC-SIGN Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DC-SIGN antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD209
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DC-SIGN Antibody: CDSIGN, CLEC4L, DC-SIGN, DC-SIGN1, CD209 antigen, C-type lectin domain family 4 member L
- Protein Accession Number: Q9NNX6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 46396012
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 30835
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DC-SIGN Antibody: Dendritic cells (DCs) that control immune responses were recently found to capture and transport HIV from the mucosal area to remote lymph nodes, where DCs hand over HIV to CD4+ T lymphocytes. DCs also amplify the amount of virus and extend the duration of viral infectivity. Multiple strains of HIV-1, HIV-2 and SIV bind to DCs via DC-SIGN. ICAM-3 is the natural ligand for DC-SIGN. A DC-SIGN homologue (termed DC-SIGNR, L-SIGN, and DC-SIGN2) was identified recently. DC-SIGN forms a novel gene family with DC-SIGNR and many alternatively spliced isoforms of DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR. The expression of DC-SIGN was found in mucosal tissues including placenta, small intestine, and rectum.
- 1: Geijtenbeek TB, Kwon DS, Torensma R, et al. DC-SIGN, a dendritic cell-specific HIV-1-binding protein that enhances trans-infection of T cells. Cell 2000;100:587-97.
- 2: Pohlmann S, Baribaud F, Lee B, et al. RW. DC-SIGN interactions with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and 2 and simian immunodeficiency virus. J. Virol. 2001; 75:4664-72.
- 3: Geijtenbeek TB, Torensma R, van Vliet SJ, et al. Identification of DC-SIGN, a novel dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3 receptor that supports primary immune responses. Cell 2000; 100:575-85.
- 4: Soilleux EJ, Barten R, and Trowsdale J. DC-SIGN; a related gene, DC-SIGNR; and CD23 form a cluster on 19p13. J. Immunol. 2000; 165:2937-42.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2347
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin