- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: DARC antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human DARC.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of DARC.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: DARC antibody can be used for detection of DARC by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: DARC Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: DARC Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: DARC antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DARC
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: DARC Antibody: FY, Dfy, GPD, GpFy, ACKR1, CCBP1, CD234, WBCQ1, FY, Atypical chemokine receptor 1
- Protein Accession Number: Q16570
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 67476970
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2532
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DARC Antibody: DARC, also known as the Duffy antigen/chemokine receptor, is a seven-transmembrane protein homologous to the classical chemokine G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) with the exception of the motif required for G protein coupling. DARC can bind with high affinity several chemokines without transducing any signal, suggesting it may modulate the signals normally induced by these chemokines. Recently, DARC was found to interact with KAI1, a four transmembrane protein recently identified as a tumor metastasis suppressor protein. It is thought that tumor cells dislodged from the primary tumor and expressing KAI1 interact with DARC proteins expressed on vascular cells, transmitting a senescent signal to the tumor cells, while tumor cells that have lost KAI1 expression can proliferate and potentially give rise to metastases. At least three isoforms of DARC are known to exist.
- 1: Chaudhuri A, Polyakova J, Zbrzezna V, et al. Cloning of glycoprotein D cDNA, which encodes the major subunit of the Duffy blood group system and the receptor for the Plasmodium vivax malaria parasite. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA1993; 90:10793-7.
- 2: Gardner L, Patterson AM, Ashton BA, et al. The human Duffy antigen binds selected inflammatory but not homeostatic chemokines. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2004; 321:306-12.
- 3: Gil ML, Vita N, Lebel-Binay S, et al. A member of the tetra spans transmembrane protein superfamily is recognized by a monoclonal antibody raised against an HLA class I-deficient, lymphokine-activated killer-susceptible, B lymphocyte line. Cloning and functional studies. J. Immunol.1992; 2826-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4071
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.