- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This DAO antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 259-287 amino acids from the Central region of human DAO.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 39 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DAO
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: D-amino-acid oxidase, DAAO, DAMOX, DAO, DAO, DAMOX
- Protein Accession Number: P14920
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 25453448
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1610
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes the peroxisomal enzyme D-amino acidoxidase. The enzyme is a flavoprotein which uses flavin adeninedinucleotide (FAD) as its prosthetic group. Its substrates includea wide variety of D-amino acids, but it is inactive on thenaturally occurring L-amino acids. Its biological function is notknown; it may act as a detoxifying agent which removes D-aminoacids that accumulate during aging. In mice, it degrades D-serine,a co-agonist of the NMDA receptor. This gene may play a role in thepathophysiology of schizophrenia.
- 1: Kim, B., et al. Psychiatry Res 179(2):121-125(2010)
- 2: Caldinelli, L., et al. Protein Sci. 19(8):1500-1512(2010)
- 3: Ruano, G., et al. Pharmacogenomics 11(7):959-971(2010)
- 4: Ohnuma, T., et al. Schizophr. Res. 118 (1-3), 300-302 (2010) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 57-366
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin