- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Dog, Ferret, Hamster, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat, Sheep
- IMMUNOGEN: A cytoskeletal preparation from HeLa cells was used as the immunogen for the Cytokeratin 5/8 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Western blot: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the Cytokeratin 5/8 antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. For staining of formalin-fixed tissues, digest sections with Trypsin at 1mg/ml PBS, 15 min at RT
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with Chicken & Xenopus.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KRT5, KRT8
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 38523856
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- It reacts with keratin 5 (58kDa) and keratin 8 (52.5kDa). Simple epithelia express cytokeratin 8 in combination with 18. On the other hand, basal cells of stratified epithelia express cytokeratin 5 paired with 14. This antibody therefore, reacts with a wide range of epithelia and their carcinomas.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-521
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.