- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Goat, Human, Pig, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: A cytoskeletal fraction of rat colon epithelium was used as the immunogen for this Cytokeratin 17 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Western blot: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the Cytokeratin 17 antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KRT17
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: KRT17, K17, PC, PC2, PCHC1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3872
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Cytokeratin 17 (CK17) is a member of the Cytokeratin subfamily of intermediate filament proteins (IF's). It is unique in that it is normally expressed in the basal cells of complex epithelia but not in stratified or simple epithelia. CK17 is expressed in the nail bed, hair follicle, sebaceous glands and other epidermal appendages. Antibody to CK17 is an excellent tool to distinguish myoepithelial cells from luminal epithelium of various glands such as mammary, sweat and salivary. CK17 is expressed in epithelial cells of various origins, such as bronchial epithelial cells and skin appendages. It may be considered an epithelial stem cell marker because CK17 Ab marks basal cell differentiation. CK17 can be useful when included in a panel of antibodies against TTF-1, napsin A, CK5&6, p63, and SOX-2 for diagnostic differentiation between lung adenocarcinoma (LADC) and lung squamous cell carcinoma (SCLC), especially for poorly-differentiated lung carcinoma. CK17 is expressed in SCLC much higher than in LADC. In breast carcinomas, approximately 20% of patients show no expression of ER, PR and Her2, which are defined as triple negative tumor. Eighty-five percent of the triple negative breast carcinomas immunoreact with basal cytokeratins including anti-CK17. Also important is that cases of triple negative breast carcinoma with expression of CK17 show an aggressive clinical course. The histologic differentiation of ampullary cancer, intestinal vs. pancreatobiliary, is very important for treatment. Usually anti-CK17 and anti-MUC1 immunoreactivity represents pancreatobiliary subtype whereas anti-MUC2 and anti-CDX-2 positivity defines intestinal subtype.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-145
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.