- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CX3CL1 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 18 amino acids near the amino terminus of human CX3CL1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 20 - 70 of CX3CL1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CX3CL1 antibody can be used for detection of CX3CL1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL dilution. CX3CL1 is ofen observed migrating at 80 - 100 kDa in SDS-PAGE, presumably due to post-translational modification.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1285 - C2C12 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: CX3CL1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CX3CL1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CX3CL1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CX3CL1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CX3CL1 Antibody: NTN, NTT, CXC3, CXC3C, SCYD1, ABCD-3, C3Xkine, fractalkine, neurotactin, FKN, A-152E5.2, Fractalkine, C-X3-C motif chemokine 1
- Protein Accession Number: AAB50014
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1899259
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6376
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CX3CL1 Antibody: Chemokines are a family of proteins associated with the trafficking of leukocytes in immune surveillance and inflammatory cell recruitment. They are classified based on the positions of key cysteine residues. CX3CL1 is a CX3C chemokine known to induce adhesion and migration of leukocytes mediated by a membrane-bound and soluble form respectively. Recent experiments have shown that CX3CL1 can suppress the production of nitrous oxide, interleukin-6, and TNF-α in activated microglia and neuronal cells, suggesting that it may act as an intrinsic inhibitor against neurotoxicity by activated microglia. Its receptor, CX3CR1, also functions as a co-receptor for HIV-1 and HIV-2 envelope fusion and virus infection, which can be inhibited by CX3CL1.
- 1: Bajetto A, Bonavia R, Barbero S, et al. Chemokines and their receptors in the central nervous system. Front. Neuroendocrinol. 2001; 22:147-84.
- 2: Umehara H, Goda S, Imai T, et al. Fractalkine, a CX3C-chemokine, functions predominantly as an adhesion molecule in monocytic cell line THP-1. Immunol. Cell. Biol. 2001; 79:298-302.
- 3: Mizuno T, Kawanokuchi J, Numata K, et al. Production and neuroprotective functions of fractalkine in the central nervous system. Brain Res. 2003; 979:65-70.
- 4: Combadiere C, Salzwedel K, Smith ED, et al. Identification of CX3CR1. A chemotactic receptor for the human CX3C chemokine fractalkine and a fusion coreceptor for HIV-1. J. Biol. Chem.1998; 273:23799-804.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2099
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.