- SPECIES: Vibrio cholerae serotype O1
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Thr 22 - Asn 124
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 13.5 kDa
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CTXB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CTXB,TOXB
- Protein Accession Number: P01556
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2613962
- Cholera enterotoxin subunit B (CTXB) is also known as cholera enterotoxin B chain, cholera enterotoxin gamma chain and choleragenoid. Vibrio cholerae O1 exists as two major serotypes, Inaba and Ogawa, which are associated with the O antigen of the lipopolysaccharide and are capable of unequal reciprocal interconversion. The B subunit pentameric ring directs the A subunit to its target by binding to the GM1 gangliosides present on the surface of the intestinal epithelial cells. CTXB can bind five GM1 gangliosides. Also, it has no toxic activity by itself.
- 1: Lockman H., et al., 1983, J. Biol. Chem. 258:13722-13726.
- 2: Fujinaga Y., et al., 2003, Mol. Biol. Cell 14:4783-4793.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 97-073
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805