- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CTTNBL1 antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human CTTNBL1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of CTTNBL1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CTTNBL1 antibody can be used for detection of CTTNBL1 by Western blot at 1 and 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: CTNNBL1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other catenin family members. At least four isoforms of CTNNBL1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all but isoform b.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 65 kDa
Observed: 63 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CTTNBL1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CTTNBL1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CTTNBL1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CTNNBL1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CTTNBL1 Antibody: NAP, P14L, PP8304, C20orf33, dJ633O20.1, Beta-catenin-like protein 1, Nuclear-associated protein, NAP
- Protein Accession Number: NP_110517
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 18644734
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56259
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CTTNBL1 Antibody: The Beta-catenin-like protein 1 (CTNNBL1) contains an acidic domain, a putative bipartite nuclear localization signal, a nuclear export signal, a leucine-isoleucine zipper, and phosphorylation motifs, as well as Armadillo/beta-catenin-like repeats. Transient expression of CTNNBL1 resulted in translocation to the nucleus and apoptosis, suggesting it may be involved in the apoptotic pathway. CTNNBL1 interacts with the Prp19 complex of the spliceosome and the Ig class switching enzyme activation-induced deaminase (AID) and had been suggested to play a role in antibody-diversification and class switching, but recent studies have shown CTNNBL1 to be dispensable for Ig class switch recombination. Other studies have identified CTTNBL1 as a novel gene for obesity.
- 1: Jabbour L, Welter JF, Kollar, et al. Sequence, gene structure, and expression pattern of CTNNBL1, a minor-class intron-containing gene - evidence for a role in apoptosis. Genomics 2003; 81:292-303.
- 2: Conticello SG, Ganesh K, Xhu K, et al. Interaction between antibody-diversification enzyme AID and spliceosome-associated factor CTNNBL1. Mol. Cell 2008; 31:474-84.
- 3: Han L, Masani S, and Yu K. Cutting edge: CTNNBL1 is dispensable for Ig class switch recombination. J. Immunol. 2010; 185:1379-81.
- 4: Liu YJ, Liu XG, Wang L, et al. Genome-wide association scans identified CTNNBL1 as a novel gene for obesity. Hum. Mol. Genet. 2008; 17:1803-13.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6215
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin