- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CTRP6 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human CTRP6.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80 - 130 of CTRP6.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CTRP6 antibody can be used for the detection of CTRP6 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: These proteins often migrate in SDS-PAGE at positions other than their predicted size.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: CTRP6 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CTRP6 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CTRP6 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C1QTNF6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CTRP6 Antibody: CTFP6, CTRP6, ZACRP6, UNQ581/PRO1151, Complement C1q tumor necrosis factor-related protein 6
- Protein Accession Number: AAQ88740
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 37181873
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 114904
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CTRP6 Antibody: Adipose tissue of an organism plays a major role in regulating physiologic and pathologic processes such as metabolism and immunity by producing and secreting a variety of bioactive molecules termed adipokines. One highly conserved family of adipokines is adiponectin/ACRP30 and its structural and functional paralogs, the C1q/tumor necrosis factor-alpha-related proteins (CTRPs) 1-7. Unlike adiponectin, which is expressed exclusively by differentiated adipocytes, the CTRPs are expressed in a wide variety of tissues. These proteins are thought to act mainly on liver and muscle tissue to control glucose and lipid metabolism. An analysis of the crystal structure of adiponectin revealed a structural and evolutionary link between TNF and C1q-containing proteins, suggesting that these proteins arose from a common ancestral innate immunity gene. CTRP6 contains at least 4 glycosylation motifs, suggesting that CTRP6 may be highly post-translationally modified.
- 1: Fantuzzi G. Adipose tissue, adipokines, and inflammation. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2005; 115:911-9.
- 2: Tsao T-S, Lodish HF, and Fruebis J. ACRP30, a new hormone controlling fat and glucose metabolism. Euro. J. Pharmacol. 2002; 440:213-21.
- 3: Wong GW, Wang J, Hug C, et al. A family of Acrp30/ adiponectin structural and functional paralogs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2004; 101:10302-7.
- 4: Shapiro L and Scherer PE. The crystal structure of a complement-1q family protein suggests an evolutionary link to tumor necrosis factor. Curr. Biol. 1998; 8:335-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3577
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.