- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-CTRP3 antibody (3565) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the center of human CTRP3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90-140 of CTRP3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1 μg/mL; IHC: 2 μg/mL; IF: 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples; Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of CTRP3 are known to exist. CTRP3 antibody is predicted to not recognize other members of the CTRP protein family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1401 - Mouse Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3/NIH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 27kD
Observed: 30 kD (Post-modyfication: 1 N-linked glycosylation)
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 2): Anti-CTRP3 antibodies (3565) detected human CTRP3 recombinant protein.
- ISOFORMS: Human CTRP3 has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (246aa, 27kD), isoform 2 (198aa, 22kD) and isoform 3 (319aa, 35kD). Mouse CTRP3 has one isoform (246aa, 27kD) and Rat CTRP3 also has one isoform (319aa, 35kD). 3565 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: CTRP3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CTRP3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CTRP3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C1QTNF3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CTRP3 Antibody: CORS, CORCS, CTRP3, CORS26, C1ATNF3, CORS-26, UNQ753/PRO1484, Complement C1q tumor necrosis factor-related protein 3, Collagenous repeat-containing sequence 26 kDa protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_852100
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 62739183
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 114899
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CTRP3 Antibody: Adipose tissue of an organism plays a major role in regulating physiologic and pathologic processes such as metabolism and immunity by producing and secreting a variety of bioactive molecules termed adipokines. One highly conserved family of adipokines is adiponectin/ACRP30 and its structural and functional paralogs, the C1q/tumor necrosis factor-alpha-related proteins (CTRPs) 1-7. Unlike adiponectin, which is expressed exclusively by differentiated adipocytes, the CTRPs are expressed in a wide variety of tissues. An analysis of the crystal structure of adiponectin revealed a structural and evolutionary link between TNF and C1q-containing proteins, suggesting that these proteins arose from a common ancestral innate immunity gene. It has been suggested that CTRP3 may play a role in skeletal development.
- 1: Fantuzzi. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2005; 115:911-9.
- 2: Tsao et al. Euro. J. Pharmacol. 2002; 440:213-21.
- 3: Wong et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2004; 101:10302-7.
- 4: Shapiro and Scherer. Curr. Biol. 1998; 8:335-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3565
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.