- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This CSTA antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 69-98 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human CSTA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 11 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CSTA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cystatin-A, Cystatin-AS, Stefin-A, Cystatin-A, N-terminally processed, CSTA, STF1, STFA
- Protein Accession Number: P01040
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 118177
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1475
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The cystatin superfamily encompasses proteins that containmultiple cystatin-like sequences. Some of the members are activecysteine protease inhibitors, while others have lost or perhapsnever acquired this inhibitory activity. There are three inhibitoryfamilies in the superfamily, including the type 1 cystatins(stefins), type 2 cystatins, and kininogens. This gene encodes astefin that functions as a cysteine protease inhibitor, formingtight complexes with papain and the cathepsins B, H, and L. Theprotein is one of the precursor proteins of cornified cell envelopein keratinocytes and plays a role in epidermal development andmaintenance. Stefins have been proposed as prognostic anddiagnostic tools for cancer.
- 1: O'Seaghdha, C.M., et al. Hum. Mol. Genet. 19(21):4296-4303(2010)
- 2: Kestenbaum, B., et al. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 21(7):1223-1232(2010)
- 3: Takai, T., et al. J. Immunol. 183(12):7958-7965(2009)
- 4: Vasilopoulos, Y., et al. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 16(8):1002-1009(2008)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 57-666
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.