- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This CRYAA antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 77-106 amino acids from the Central region of human CRYAA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 20 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CRYAA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Alpha-crystallin A chain, Heat shock protein beta-4, HspB4, Alpha-crystallin A(1-172), Alpha-crystallin A(1-168), Alpha-crystallin A(1-162), CRYAA, CRYA1, HSPB4
- Protein Accession Number: P02489
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1706112
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1.02725E+12
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Crystallins are separated into two classes:taxon-specific, or enzyme, and ubiquitous. The latter classconstitutes the major proteins of vertebrate eye lens and maintainsthe transparency and refractive index of the lens. Since lenscentral fiber cells lose their nuclei during development, thesecrystallins are made and then retained throughout life, making themextremely stable proteins. Mammalian lens crystallins are dividedinto alpha, beta, and gamma families; beta and gamma crystallinsare also considered as a superfamily. Alpha and beta families arefurther divided into acidic and basic groups. Seven protein regionsexist in crystallins: four homologous motifs, a connecting peptide,and N- and C-terminal extensions. Alpha crystallins are composed oftwo gene products: alpha-A and alpha-B, for acidic and basic,respectively. Alpha crystallins can be induced by heat shock andare members of the small heat shock protein (sHSP also known as theHSP20) family. They act as molecular chaperones although they donot renature proteins and release them in the fashion of a truechaperone; instead they hold them in large soluble aggregates.Post-translational modifications decrease the ability to chaperone.These heterogeneous aggregates consist of 30-40 subunits; thealpha-A and alpha-B subunits have a 3:1 ratio, respectively. Twoadditional functions of alpha crystallins are an autokinaseactivity and participation in the intracellular architecture.Alpha-A and alpha-B gene products are differentially expressed;alpha-A is preferentially restricted to the lens and alpha-B isexpressed widely in many tissues and organs. Defects in this genecause autosomal dominant congenital cataract (ADCC). [provided byRefSeq].
- 1: Deng, M., et al. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1802 (7-8), 621-631 (2010) :
- 2: Li, F.F., et al. Curr. Eye Res. 35(6):492-498(2010)
- 3: Pang, M., et al. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1804(4):948-956(2010)
- 4: Bhagyalaxmi, S.G., et al. OmanOphthalmol 3(1):7-12(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-696
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.