- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CRIM2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human CRIM2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1320 - 1370 of CRIM2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CRIM2 antibody can be used for detection of CRIM2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of CRIM2 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the larger isoform. CRIM2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with CRIM1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: CRIM2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CRIM2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CRIM2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KCP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CRIM2 Antibody: KCP1, CRIM2, NET67, KCP1, Cysteine-rich BMP regulator 2, CRIM-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001129386
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 209571519
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 375616
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CRIM2 Antibody: CRIM2, also known as Kielin/chordin-like protein (KCP), is a novel enhancer of BMP signaling. It binds to BMP7, a morphogen that is important for kidney development and part of the kidney's physiological response to repair of acute kidney injury, enhancing its binding to its receptor. Because of this, CRIM2 has been suggested as a potential antifibrotic therapy in acute and chronic kidney injury. CRIM2 can also interact directly with either activin or TGF-β1, suppressing activin- and TGF-β1-dependent transcription.
- 1: Lin J, Patel SR, Cheng X, et al. Kielin/chordin-like protein, a novel enhancer of BMP signaling, attenuates renal fibrotic disease. Nat. Med. 2005; 11:387-93
- 2: Zeisberg M and Kalluri R. Reversal of experimental renal fibrosis by BMP7 provides insights into novel therapeutic strategies for chronic kidney disease. Pediatr. Nephrol. 2008; 23:1395-8.
- 3: Lin J, Patel SR, Wang M, et al. The cysteine-rich domain protein KCP is a suppressor of transforming growth factor β/Activin signaling in renal epithelia. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2006; 26:4577-85.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6963
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin