- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CRBN antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human CRBN.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of CRBN.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CRBN antibody can be used for detection of CRBN by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: CRBN antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of CRBN are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 49 kDa
Observed: 54 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CRBN antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CRBN antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CRBN antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CRBN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cereblon, AD-006, DKFZp781K0715, MGC27358, MRT2A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057386
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 39545580
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51185
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CRBN, a member of the Lon protease protein family, plays a role in brain development (1). It is a component of the DCX (DDB1-CUL4-X-box) E3 protein ligase complex, a complex that mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins and is required for limb outgrowth and expression of the fibroblast growth factor FGF8 (2). CRBN is thought to regulate the assembly and neuronal surface expression of large-conductance calcium-activated potassium channels in brain regions involved in memory and learning via its interaction with KCNT1. It is widely expressed and highly expressed in brain (3,4).
- 1: Xin W, Xiaohua N, Peilin C, et al. Primary function analysis of human mental retardation related gene CRBN. Mol. Biol. Rep. 2008; 35:251-6.
- 2: Gandhi AK, Kang J, Havens CG, et al. Immunomodulatory agents lenalidomide and pomalidomide co-stimulate T cells by inducing degradation of T cell repressors Ikaros and Aiolos via modulation of the E3 ubiquitin ligase complex CRL4(CRBN). Br. J. Haematol. 2014; 164:811-21.
- 3: Liu J, Ye J, Zou X, et al. CRL4A (CRBN) E3 ubiquitin ligase restricts BK channel activity and prevents epileptogenesis. Nat. Commun. 2014; 5:3924.
- 4: Heintel D, Rocci A, Ludwig H, et al. High expression of cereblon (CRBN) is associated with improved clinical response in patients with multiple myeloma treated with lenalidomide and dexamethasone. Br. J. Haematol. 2013; 161:695-700.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8115
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin