- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal CRB2 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human CRB2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 460 - 510 of CRB2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CRB2 antibody can be used for detection of CRB2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human,mouse, and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of CRB2 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three. CRB2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the CRB family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 105, 129, and 141 kDa
Observed: 103, 128 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CRB2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CRB2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CRB2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CRB2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CRB2 Antibody: Protein crumbs homolog 2, Crumbs-like protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_775960
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 112420992
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 286204
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CRB2 Antibody: CRB2 (Crumbs homolog 2), like its homologs CRB1 and CRB3, is similar to the Drosophila crumbs protein and is expressed in retina, brain and kidney. Along with other proteins, the Crumbs proteins form a complex that help set up cell polarity in developing neuroepithelial cells. At the onset of neural specification, embryonic stem cells (ESCs) upregulate CRB2, which then localizes apically in neural rosettes. Gain- and loss-of-function studies of CRB2 have shown that CRB2 is essential for the stabilization of other polarity proteins. Unlike CRB1, mutations in CRB2 do not appear to play a role in retinitis pigmentosa or in Leber congenital amaurosis.
- 1: van den Hurk J, Rashbass P, Roepman R, et al. Characterization of the Crumbs homolog 2 (CRB2) gene and analysis of its role in retinits pigmentosa and Leber congenital amaurosis. Mol. Viso. 2005; 11:263-73
- 2: Bulgakova NA and Knust E. The Crumbs complex: from epithelial-cell polarity to retinal degeneration. J. Cell Sci. 2009; 122:2587-96.
- 3: Boroviak T and Rashbass P. The apical polarity determinant Crumbs 2 is a novel regulator of ESC-derived neural progenitors. Stem Cells 2011; 29:193-205
- 4: Bujakowska K, Audo I, Mohand-Said S, et al. CRB1 mutations in inherited retinal dystrophies. Hum. Mutat. 2012; 33:306-15
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7155
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin