- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (82%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal CRB1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the center of human CRB1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 780 - 830 of CRB1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CRB1 antibody can be used for detection of CRB1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed. CRB1 antibody i spredicted to not cross-react with CRB2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1308 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 142 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CRB1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CRB1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CRB1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CRB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CRB1 Antibody: LCA8, RP12, Protein crumbs homolog 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001180569
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 302370926
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23418
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CRB1 Antibody: CRB1 (Crumbs homolog 1) plays a role in photoreceptor morphogenesis in the retina. It may maintain cell polarization and adhesion. CRB1 is similar to the Drosophila crumbs protein and localizes to the inner segment of mammalian photoreceptors. The first identified human homolog, CRB1, is expressed in retina and some parts of the brain, leaving room for another homolog to function in epithelial tissues. Mutations in this gene are associated with a severe form of retinitis pigmentosa, RP12, and with Leber congenital amaurosis.
- 1: Van de Pavert SA, Kantardzhieva A, Malysheva A, et al. Crumbs homologue 1 is required for maintenance of photoreceptor cell polarization and adhesion during light exposure. J. Cell Sci. 2004; 117:4169-77.
- 2: Van de Pavert SA, Sanz AS, Aartsen WM, et al. Crb1 is a determinant of retinal apical Muller glia cell features. Glia 2007; 55:1486-97.
- 3: Den Hollander AI, Johnson K, de Kok YJ, et al. CRB1 has a cytoplasmic domain that is functionally conserved between human and Drosophila. Hum. Mol. Genet. 2001; 10:2767-73.
- 4: Bujakowska K, Audo I, Mohand-Said S, et al. CRB1 mutations in inherited retinal dystrophies. Hum. Mutat. 2012; 33:306-15.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7153
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin