- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This CPT1C antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 596-625 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human CPT1C.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 91 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CPT1C
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase 1, brain isoform, CPT1-B, CPT IC, Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase I, brain isoform, CPTI-B, Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1C, CPT1C, CATL1
- Protein Accession Number: Q8TCG5
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 57013809
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 126129
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The Cpt1 family of proteins are outer mitochondrial membrane proteins that regulate the entry into, and oxidation of fatty acids by, mitochondria. Malonyl-CoA, an intermediate in fatty acid synthesis, has been implicated as a regulatory component of the energy sensing system that feeds into hypothalmic neurons to impart energy homeostasis. Malonyl-CoA levels in the hypothalamus are dynamically regulated by fasting and feeding, altering subsequent feeding behaviour. Cpt1c, the brain-specific carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase 1, is thought to relay information about malonyl-CoA levels in hypothalamic neurons that express orexigenic and anorexigenic neuropeptides that regulate food intake and peripheral energy expenditure. Unlike other Cpt1 proteins, Cpt1c binds Malonyl-CoA but does not catalyse the transfer of the malonyl group from CoA to carnitine.
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: Talmud, P.J., et al. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 85(5):628-642(2009)
- 3: Roomets, E., et al. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 49(4):1660-1664(2008)
- 4: Sierra, A.Y., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 283(11):6878-6885(2008)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-321
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.