- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This CPT1A antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 606-636 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human CPT1A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 88 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CPT1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase 1, liver isoform, CPT1-L, Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase I, liver isoform, CPT I, CPTI-L, Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1A, CPT1A, CPT1
- Protein Accession Number: P50416
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56405343
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1374
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The mitochondrial oxidation of long-chain fatty acids is initiated by the sequential action of carnitine palmitoyltransferase I (which is located in the outer membrane and is detergent-labile) and carnitine palmitoyltransferase II (which is located in the inner membrane and is detergent-stable), together with a carnitine-acylcarnitine translocase. CPT I is the key enzyme in the carnitine-dependent transport across the mitochondrial inner membrane and its deficiency results in a decreased rate of fatty acid beta-oxidation.
- 1: Rasmussen, B.B., et al., J. Clin. Invest. 110(11):1687-1693 (2002).
- 2: Ogawa, E., et al., J. Hum. Genet. 47(7):342-347 (2002).
- 3: Cook, G.A., et al., Am. J. Med. Sci. 318(1):43-48 (1999).
- 4: IJlst, L., et al., J. Clin. Invest. 102(3):527-531 (1998).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-413
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin