- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CPEB1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human CPEB1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of CPEB1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CPEB1 antibody can be used for detection of CPEB1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: CPEB1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CPEB1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CPEB1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CPEB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CPEB1 Antibody: CEBP, CPEB, CPEB-1, CPE-BP1, hCPEB-1, Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9BZB8
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74762720
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64506
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CPEB1 Antibody: CPEB1 is an RNA binding protein that contains an RNA-recognition motif and a zinc finger-containing region found in a wide range of vertebrates and invertebrates. CPEB1 forms the nucleus of a complex of factors that regulate poly(A) elongation and promotes polyadenylation-induced translation. CPEB1 mediates many diverse biological processes such as germ cell development, cell division and senescence, and synaptic plasticity. Recently, it was discovered that CPEB1 is involved in beta-catenin mRNA translation and cell migration in astrocytes as well as regulating hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1 expression, demonstrating the wide range of processes in which CPEB1 plays a role. At least four isoforms of CPEB1 are known to exist.
- 1: Richter JD. CPEB: a life in translation. Trends in Biochem. Sci.2007; 32:179-85.
- 2: Jones KJ, Korb E, Kundel MA, et al. CPEB1 regulates beta-catenin mRNA translation and cell migration in astrocytes. Glia2008; 56:1401-13.
- 3: Hagele S, Kuhn U, Boning M, et al. Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein (CPEB)1 and 2 bind to the HIF-1alpha mRNA 3'UTR and modulate HIF-1 alpha protein expression. Biochem. J.2008; epub.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4687
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin