- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Monkey
- IMMUNOGEN: This COX6B1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 59-86 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human COX6B1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 10 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: COX6B1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cytochrome c oxidase subunit 6B1, Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIb isoform 1, COX VIb-1, COX6B1, COX6B
- Protein Accession Number: P14854
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 117115
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1340
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Cytochrome c oxidase (COX), the terminal enzyme of themitochondrial respiratory chain, catalyzes the electron transferfrom reduced cytochrome c to oxygen. It is a heteromeric complexconsisting of 3 catalytic subunits encoded by mitochondrial genesand multiple structural subunits encoded by nuclear genes. Themitochondrially-encoded subunits function in electron transfer, andthe nuclear-encoded subunits may be involved in the regulation andassembly of the complex. This nuclear gene encodes subunit VIb.Mutations in this gene are associated with severe infantileencephalomyopathy. Three pseudogenes COX6BP-1, COX6BP-2 andCOX6BP-3 have been found on chromosomes 7, 17 and 22q13.1-13.2,respectively.
- 1: Lazarou, M., et al. FEBS J. 276(22):6701-6713(2009)
- 2: Massa, V., et al. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 82(6):1281-1289(2008)
- 3: Sirchia, R., et al. Biol. Chem. 388(5):457-465(2007)
- 4: Schmidt, T.R., et al. Gene 286(1):13-19(2002)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-356
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.