- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This COT (MAP3K8/MEKK8) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 368-397 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human COT (MAP3K8/MEKK8).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 53 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP3K8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 8, Cancer Osaka thyroid oncogene, Proto-oncogene c-Cot, Serine/threonine-protein kinase cot, Tumor progression locus 2, TPL-2, MAP3K8, COT, ESTF
- Protein Accession Number: P41279
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50403742
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1326
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- COT, a member of the MAPKKK subfamily of Ser/Thr protein kinases, is able to activate NF-kappa-B 1 by stimulating proteasome-mediated proteolysis of NF-kappa-B 1/p105. It plays a role in the cell cycle. The longer form of cot has some transforming activity, although it is much weaker than the activated cot oncoprotein. This cytoplasmic protein is expressed in several normal tissues and human tumor-derived cell lines. The 58 kDa form is activated specifically during the S and G2/M phases of the cell cycle. The longer form undergoes phosphorylation on Ser residues mainly, and the shorter form on both Ser and Thr residues.
- 1: Sanchez-Gongora, E., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 275(40):31379-31386 (2000).
- 2: Aoki, M., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 268(30):22723-22732 (1993).
- 3: Chan, A.M., et al., Oncogene 8(5):1329-1333 (1993).
- 4: Miyoshi, J., et al., Mol. Cell. Biol. 11(8):4088-4096 (1991).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-306
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin