- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken
- IMMUNOGEN: This Connexin 50 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 402-433 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human Connexin 50.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 48 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GJA8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Gap junction alpha-8 protein, Connexin-50, Cx50, Lens fiber protein MP70, GJA8
- Protein Accession Number: P48165
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13124697
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2703
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GJA8 is a an integral membrane protein that belongs to the connexin family, alpha-type (group II) subfamily. One gap junction consists of a cluster of closely packed pairs of transmembrane channels, the connexons, through which materials of low MW diffuse from one cell to a neighboring cell. A connexon is composed of a hexamer of connexins. This particular connexin only forms junctional channels. GJA8 is expressed in the eye lens, and defects in GJA8 are the cause of zonular pulverulent cataract type 1 (CZP1), a form of autosomal dominant congenital cataract.
- 1: Shiels, A., et al., Am. J. Hum. Genet. 62(3):526-532 (1998). Church, R.L., et al., Curr. Eye Res. 14(10):979-981 (1995). Church, R.L., et al., Curr. Eye Res. 14(3):215-221 (1995).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-184
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin