- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This Connexin 31 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 227-257 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human Connexin 31.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 31 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GJB3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Gap junction beta-3 protein, Connexin-31, Cx31, GJB3, CX31
- Protein Accession Number: O75712
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2707
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Gap junctions are conduits that allow the direct cell-to-cell passage of small cytoplasmic molecules, including ions, metabolic intermediates, and second messengers, and thereby mediate intercellular metabolic and electrical communication. Gap junction channels consist of connexin protein subunits, which are encoded by a multigene family. GJBs (gap-junction proteins or connexins) play crucial functional roles associated with these channels. Defects in GJB3 have been linked to erythrokeratodermia variabilis (EKV) is an autosomal dominant genodermatosis characterized by transient figurate red patches or hyperkeratosis. Mutations in GJB2 have also been associated with genetically derived hearing impairments, including autosomal recessive nonsyndromic deafness.
- 1: Mhatre, A.N., et al., Clin. Genet. 63(2):154-159 (2003).
- 2: Diestel, S., et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 296(3):721-728 (2002).
- 3: Di, W.L., et al., Hum. Mol. Genet. 11(17):2005-2014 (2002).
- 4: Gottfried, I., et al., Hum. Mol. Genet. 11(11):1311-1316 (2002).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-176
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.