- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ile 26 - Ala 253
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 26.3 kDa. The protein migrates as 28 kDa under non-reducing (NR) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 26.3 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM Tris, 150 mM NaCl, pH8.0
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CFD
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CFD,Adipsin,PFD,DF,Complement factor D
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001919.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1675
- Complement factor D (CFD) is also known as Adipsin, C3 convertase activator, Properdin factor D (PFD), which contains one peptidase S1 domain and belongs to the peptidase S1 family. CFD / Adipsin cleaves factor B when the latter is complexed with factor C3b, activating the C3bbb complex, which then becomes the C3 convertase of the alternate pathway. CFD / Adipsin is a serine protease that stimulates glucose transport for triglyceride accumulation in fats cells and inhibits lipolysis. Defects in CFD / Adipsin are the cause of complement factor D deficiency which predisposes to invasive meningococcal disease.
- 1: White R.T., et al., 1992, J. Biol. Chem. 267:9210-9213.
- 2: Johnson D.M.A., et al., 1984, FEBS Lett. 166:347-351.
- 3: Sprong T., et al., 2006, Blood 107:4865-4870.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-377
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin