- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Leu 679 - Arg 751
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a human IgG1 Fc tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 34.6 kDa. The protein migrates as 38-40 kDa and 41-44 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 34.6 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Tris with Glycine, Arginine and NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: C5a,Complement Component 5a
- Protein Accession Number: XP_015292262.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 102125658
- Complement Component C5a (C5a) is also known as C5,and is a protein fragment released from complement component C5.,is a potent chemotactic factor for human peripheral blood neutrophils and monocytes, and is believed to play an important role in a number of inflammatory conditions. There are several functions in the below: C5a is an anaphylatoxin, causing the release of histamine from mast cells; C5a is effective leukocyte chemoattractants, causing the accumulation of white blood cells, especially neutrophil granulocytes, at sites of complement activation; C5a activates white blood cells by increasing avidity for white blood cell integrins and upregulating the Lipoxygenase pathway for arachidonic acid metabolism; C5a is a powerful inflammatory mediator, and seems to be a key factor in the development of pathology of many inflammatory diseases involving the complement system; C5a modulates balance between activating versus inhibitory IgG Fc receptors on leukocytes, thereby enhancing autoimmune response.
- 1: Gerard, C. and N.P. Gerard, 1994, Annu. Rev. Immunol.12:775.
- 2: Monk, PN. et al., 2007, British Journal of Pharmacology. 152: 429-48.
- 3: Reis ES, et al., 2011,Brain Behav Immun. Apr 23.
- 4: Bergseth G,et al., 2011, Ann Thorac Surg., 91(2):527-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-315
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin