- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln 19 - Cys 1676
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus.The mature form of Complement C5 is a disulfide-linked heterodimer composed of proteolytically cleaved α and β chain. Each α and β chain has a calculated MW of 73.9 kDa (β chain) and 114.4 kDa (α
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 73.9 kDa (β chain) & 114.4 kDa (α chain)
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: C5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Complement C5,C5,CPAMD4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001726.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 727
- Derived from proteolytic degradation of complement C5, C5 anaphylatoxin is a mediator of local inflammatory process. C5 precursor is first processed by the removal of 4 basic residues, forming two chains, beta and alpha, linked by a disulfide bond. C5 convertase activates C5 by cleaving the alpha chain, releasing C5a anaphylatoxin and generating C5b (beta chain + alpha' chain). Activation of C5 by a C5 convertase initiates the spontaneous assembly of the late complement components, C5-C9, into the membrane attack complex. C5b has a transient binding site for C6. The C5b-C6 complex is the foundation upon which the lytic complex is assembled. The C5a anaphylatoxin interacts with C5AR1 and tick complement inhibitor. C5a is also a potent chemokine which stimulates the locomotion of polymorphonuclear leukocytes and directs their migration toward sites of inflammation.
- 1: DeMartino JA, et al. 1994. J Biol Chem. 269(20):14446-50.
- 2: Fredslund F, et al. 2008. Nat Immunol. 9(7):753-60.
- 3: Chen Z, et al. 1998. J Biol Chem. 273(17):10411-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-367
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin