- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant rat CNTF (rat CNTF).
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
Sandwich: To detect Rat CNTF by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.25 - 1.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This biotinylated polyclonal antibody, in conjunction with our Polyclonal Anti-Rat CNTF (XP-5114) as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant Rat CNTF.
To detect rat CNTF by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 mg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant rat CNTF is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: Anti-rat CNTF specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CNTF antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Cntf
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ciliary neurotrophic factorCNTF
- Protein Accession Number: P20294
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 116587
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25707
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) is expressed in glial cells within the central and peripheral nervous systems. CNTF stimulates gene expression, cell survival or differentiation in a variety of neuronal cell types such as sensory, sympathetic, ciliary and motor neurons. CNTF itself lacks a classical signal peptide sequence of a secreted protein, but is thought to convey its cytoprotective effects after release from adult glial cells by some mechanism induced by injury.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XP-5114Bt
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.