- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Asp23-Arg227 (beta chain) & Ser228-Glu449 (alpha chain)
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 50.9 kDa (Disulfide - linked heterodimer)
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CLU
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CLU, Clusterin, AAG4, APOJ, CLI, KUB1, SGP-2, SP-40, TRPM2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001822.3
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1191
- Clusterin (CLU) is also known as dimeric acidic glycoprotein (DAG protein), testosterone repressed prostate message-2 (TRPM-2), sulfated glycoprotein-2 (SGP-2) and complement lysis inhibitor (CLI), is a secreted multifunctional glycoprotein protein which belongs to the clusterin family. Intracellular cleavages of the precursor of clusterin remove the signal peptide and generate comparably sized α and β chains which are secreted as an 80 kDa Nglycosylated disulfidelinked heterodimer. DAG protein is predominantly expressed in adult testis, ovary, adrenal gland, liver, heart, and brain and in many epithelial tissues during embryonic development. Clusterin involve in several basic biological events such as cell death, tumor progression, and neurodegenerative disorders. Upregulation of clusterin mRNA and protein levels detected in diverse disease states and in in vitro systems have led to suggestions that it functions in membrane lipid recycling, in apoptotic cell death, and as a stress-induced secreted chaperone protein, amongst others.
- 1: Jones SE., et al., Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 34 (5): 427–431.
- 2: Poon S., et al., 2002, J. Biol. Chem. 277:39532-39540.
- 3: Leskov K.S., et al., 2003, J. Biol. Chem. 278:11590-11600.
- 4: Santilli G., et al., 2003, J. Biol. Chem. 278:38214-38219.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-191
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin