- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Clusterin antibody was raised recombinant human Clusterin isoform 1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Clusterin antibody can be used for the detection of Clusterin by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: Clusterin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Clusterin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Clusterin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CLU
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Clusterin Antibody: CLI, AAG4, APOJ, CLU1, CLU2, KUB1, SGP2, APO-J, SGP-2, SP-40, TRPM2, TRPM-2, NA1/NA2, CLI, Clusterin, Aging-associated gene 4 protein, Apo-J
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001822
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 42716297
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1191
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Clusterin Antibody: Clusterin, also known as Apolipoprotein J (ApoJ), is a ubiquitous multifunctional glycoprotein that can interact with a broad spectrum of molecules such as complement components, various receptors, and the Alzheimer's b-amyloid peptide. Clusterin expression is increased in Alzheimer's disease brain tissue and clusterin-immunoreactive amyloid plaques are found associated with phospho-tau-positive dystrophic neurites and it has been suggested that clusterin facilitates the conversion of diffuse b-amyloid deposits into amyloid and enhances tau phosphorylation in neurites around these plaques. Other reports show that clusterin expression is decreased in proliferating cells and is upregulated in quiescent and senescent cells, suggesting that it may also play a role in aging and tumorigenesis suppression. Clusterin exists in at least two distinct isoforms.
- 3: Trougakos IP and Gonos ES. Clusterin/Apolipoprotein J in human aging and cancer. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2002; 34:1430-48.
- 4: Martinon F and Tschopp J. NLRs join TLRs as innate sensors of pathogens. TRENDS Imm. 2005; 26:447-54.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3856
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin