- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (89%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CKIP1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human CKIP1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of CKIP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CKIP1 antibody can be used for detection of CKIP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1302 - Human Lung Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: CKIP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CKIP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CKIP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PLEKHO1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CKIP1 Antibody: OC120, CKIP-1, CKIP1, OC120, HQ0024c, Pleckstrin homology domain-containing family O member 1, C-Jun-binding protein, PH domain-containing family O member 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057358
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20149626
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51177
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CKIP1 Antibody: CKIP1 was identified through a yeast-two hybrid screening as a protein that would interact with only one of the two catalytic subunits of the casein kinase 2 complex. CKIP1 is a pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein localized within the nucleus and at the plasma membrane that interacts with CK2alpha but not CK2alpha', and is thought to play a role in targeting CK2alpha to a particular cellular location. CKIP1 has been implicated in muscle differentiation and the regulation of cell morphology and actin cytoskeleton. CKIP1 can also interact with other proteins such as ATM, an upstream kinase of p53, and recruit the nuclear ATM to the plasma membrane, suggesting CKIP1 may regulate ATM function through re-localizing ATM. CKIP1 can also form a complex with the kinase AKT, leading to a down-regulation of PI3K/AKT signaling and suppression of tumor growth in vivo.
- 1: Bosc DG, Graham KC, Sauliner RB, et al. Identification and characterization of CKIP-1, a novel pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein that interacts with protein kinase CK2. J. Biol. Chem.2000; 275:14295-306.
- 2: Safi A, Vandromme M, Caussanel S, et al. Role for the pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein CKIP-1 in phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-regulated muscle differentiation. Mol. Cell Biol.2004; 24:1245-55.
- 3: Canton DA, Olsten ME, Kim K, et al. The pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein CKIP-1 is involved in regulation of cell morphology and the actin cytoskeleton and interaction with actin capping protein. Mol. Cell Biol.2005; 25:3519-34.
- 4: Zhang L, Tie Y, Tian C, et al. CKIP-1 recruits nuclear ATM partially to the plasma membrane though interaction with ATM. Cell Signal.2006; 1386-95.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5435
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.