- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CITED2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human CITED2.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of CITED2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CITED2 antibody can be used for detection of CITED2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of CITED2 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 30 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CITED2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CITED2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CITED2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CITED2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CITED2 Antibody: ASD8, MRG1, VSD2, MRG-1, P35SRJ, MSG-related protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001161861
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 270288756
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10370
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CITED2 Antibody: CITED2 was initially identified as a potential transcriptional activator with significant homology to MSG1, a melanocyte-specific nuclear protein. CITED2 interacts with the histone acetyltransferase p300/CBP and acts as a coactivator to several DNA-binding transcription factors such as HIF-1 and AP-2. CITED2 also controls proliferation of mouse embryonic fibroblasts via the polycomb group genes Bmi-1 and Mel18 and the tumor suppressor Ink4a/Arf. CITED2 has also been found to be an essential regulator of adult hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), with conditional deletion of CITED2 in the adult mouse resulting in the loss of HSCs, multilineage bone marrow failure and increased lethality.
- 1: Shioda T, Fenner MH, and Isselbacher KJ. MSG1 and its related protein MRG1 share a transcription activating domain. Gene 1997; 204:235-41.
- 2: Bhattachatya S, Michels CL, Leung MK, et al. Functional role of p35srj, a novel p300/CBP binding protein, during transactivation by HIF-1. Genes Dev. 1999; 13:64-75.
- 3: Bamforth SD, Braganca J, Eloranta JJ, et al. Cardiac malformations, adrenal agenesis, neural crest defects and exencephaly in mice lacking Cited2, a new Tfap2 co-activator. Nat. Genet. 2001; 29:469-74.
- 4: Kranc KR, Bamforth SD, Braganca J, et al. Transcriptional coactivator Cited2 induces Bmi1 and Mel18 and controls fibroblast proliferation via Ink4a/ARF. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2003; 23:7658-66.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7067
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin