- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CISD2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the center of human CISD2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of CISD2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CISD2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the center of human CISD2.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 15 kDa
Observed: 15 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CISD2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CISD2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CISD2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CISD2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CISD2 Antibody: ERIS, WFS2, ZCD2, NAF-1, Miner1, CDGSH2, ERIS, CDGSH iron-sulfur domain-containing protein 2, Endoplasmic reticulum intermembrane small protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001008389
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56605994
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 493856
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CISD2 Antibody: Defects in the CISD2 (CDGSH iron sulfur domain 2) gene are a cause of the neurodegenerative disorder Wolfram syndrome 2. CISD2 is a zinc finger protein that localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum and mitochondria and binds an iron/sulfur cluster. CISD2 interacts with Bcl-2 and can be displaced by the BH3-only protein BIK and contributes to the regulation of BIK-initiated autophagy. CISD2 deficiency in mice causes mitochondrial breakdown accompanied by autophagic cell death as well as the development of premature aging phenotype.
- 1: Amr S, Heisey C, Zhang M, et al. A homozygous mutation in a novel zinc-finger protein, ERIS, is responsible for Wolfram syndrome 2. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2007; 81:673-83.
- 2: Chang NC, Nguyen M, Germain M, et al. Antagonism of Beclin 1-dependent autophagy by BCL-2 at the endoplasmic reticulum requires NAF-1. EMBO J. 2010; 29:606-18.
- 3: Chen YF, Kao CH, Chen YT, et al. Cisd2 deficiency drives premature aging and causes mitochondria-mediated defects in mice.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7301
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin