- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant human protein was used as the immunogen for the Chromogranin A antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Western blot: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the Chromogranin A antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CHGA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Chromogranin-A, CgA, Pituitary secretory protein I, SP-I, Vasostatin-1, Vasostatin I, Vasostatin-2, Vasostatin II, EA-92, ES-43, Pancreastatin, SS-18, WA-8, WE-14, LF-19, AL-11, GV-19, GR-44, ER-37, CHGA
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1113
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Chromogranin A is present in neuroendocrine cells throughout the body, including the neuroendocrine cells of the large and small intestine, adrenal medulla and pancreatic islets. It is an excellent marker for carcinoid tumors, pheochromocytomas, paragangliomas, and other neuroendocrine tumors. Co-expression of chromogranin A and neuron specific enolase (NSE) is common in neuroendocrine neoplasms. Reportedly, co-expression of certain keratins and chromogranin indicates neuroendocrine lineage. The presence of strong anti-chromogranin staining and absence of anti-keratin staining should raise the possibility of paraganglioma. The co-expression of chromogranin and NSE is typical of neuroendocrine neoplasms. Most pituitary adenomas and prolactinomas readily express chromogranin.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-929
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.