- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This CHRNA2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 42-69 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human CHRNA2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 60 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CHRNA2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Neuronal acetylcholine receptor subunit alpha-2, CHRNA2
- Protein Accession Number: Q15822
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 308153405
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1135
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) areligand-gated ion channels formed by a pentameric arrangement ofalpha and beta subunits to create distinct muscle and neuronalreceptors. Neuronal receptors are found throughout the peripheraland central nervous system where they are involved in fast synaptictransmission. This gene encodes an alpha subunit that is widelyexpressed in the brain. The proposed structure for nAChR subunitsis a conserved N-terminal extracellular domain followed by threeconserved transmembrane domains, a variable cytoplasmic loop, afourth conserved transmembrane domain, and a short C-terminalextracellular region. Mutations in this gene cause autosomaldominant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy type 4. Single nucleotidepolymorphisms (SNPs) in this gene have been associated withnicotine dependence.
- 1: Saccone, N.L., et al. Genes Brain Behav. 9(7):741-750(2010)
- 2: Joslyn, G., et al. Alcohol. Clin. Exp. Res. 34(5):800-812(2010)
- 3: Rigbi, A., et al. Pharmacogenomics J. (2010) In press :
- 4: Hoda, J.C., et al. FEBS Lett. 583(10):1599-1604(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-130
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.