- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln24-Leu426
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 46.3 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of PBS, pH 7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Chrdl2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Chordin-like protein 2, BNF-1, CHRDL2, chordin-like 2, CHL2
- Protein Accession Number: Q8VEA6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 530384505
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 69121
- Mouse Chordin-Like 2, also known as CHL2, is a novel chordin family member with structural homology to CHL1 which is implicated in tumor angiogenesis. The mouse CHL2 gene encodes a 426 amino acids (aa) protein with a 25 aa signal peptide. The mature chain of CHL2 protein contains two potential N-linked glycosylation sites, one putative NLS and three 63 aa cysteine-rich von Willebrand type C repeats (CRs). CHL2 gene is weakly expressed in the liver and kidney, partly expressed in the connective tissues of reproductive organs such as ligaments of the ovary and oviduct in females, and of testis, epididymis and certain male accessory sex glands in males. Recombinant mCHL2 protein interacted directly with five BMPs and one GDF thereby inhibiting, in vitro, several BMP/GDF-dependent processes including, osteogenic differentiation of C2C12 mesenchymal progenitor cells by several BMPs, ATDC5 embryonal carcinoma cells by GDF5 and BMP4-dependent lymphohematopoietic (CD34+CD31hi and CD34+CD31lo) progenitor cell development from ES cells. CHL2 may inhibits BMPs activity by blocking their interaction with their receptors, and has a negative regulator effect on the cartilage formation/regeneration from immature mesenchymal cells, by preventing or reducing the rate of matrix accumulation. Also, it may play a role during myoblast and osteoblast differentiation, and maturation.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-564
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin