- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human CHFR.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CHFR antibody can be used for detection of CHFR by ELISA at 1:312500. CHFR antibody can be used for detection of CHFR by western blot at 1 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 69 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store CHFR antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CHFR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CHFR, FLJ10796, FLJ33629, RNF116, RNF196
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060693
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 239048907
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55743
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CHFR is an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase required to transiently arrest cells in early prophase when they are exposed to microtubule poisons. It acts in early prophase before chromosome condensation, when the centrosome moves apart from each other along the periphery of the nucleus. CHFR probably promotes the formation of 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitin chains and functions with the specific ubiquitin-conjugating UBC13-MMS2 (UBE2N-UBE2V2) heterodimer. Substrates that are polyubiquitinated at 'Lys-63' are usually not targeted for degradation, but are rather involved in signaling cellular stress. This suggests that it may be involved in signaling the presence of mitotic stress caused by microtubule poisons.
- 1: Kang, H.C., Cancer Lett. 260 (1-2), 170-179 (2008).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 25-840
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.