- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 1-220 of human CHEK2 (NP_009125.1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
IHC: 1:50 - 1:100
IF: 1:50 - 1:200
IP: 1:20 - 1:50
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Raji
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: MCF7
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: K-562
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Jurkat
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 60kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CHEK2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Chk2 Antibody: CDS1, CHK2, LFS2, RAD53, hCds1, HuCds1, PP1425, CDS1, CHK2 checkpoint homolog, Hucds1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 11200
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- In response to DNA damage and replication blocks, cell cycle progression is halted through the control of critical cell cycle regulators. The protein encoded by this gene is a cell cycle checkpoint regulator and putative tumor suppressor. It contains a forkhead-associated protein interaction domain essential for activation in response to DNA damage and is rapidly phosphorylated in response to replication blocks and DNA damage. When activated, the encoded protein is known to inhibit CDC25C phosphatase, preventing entry into mitosis, and has been shown to stabilize the tumor suppressor protein p53, leading to cell cycle arrest in G1. In addition, this protein interacts with and phosphorylates BRCA1, allowing BRCA1 to restore survival after DNA damage. Mutations in this gene have been linked with Li-Fraumeni syndrome, a highly penetrant familial cancer phenotype usually associated with inherited mutations in TP53. Also, mutations in this gene are thought to confer a predisposition to sarcomas, breast cancer, and brain tumors. This nuclear protein is a member of the CDS1 subfamily of serine/threonine protein kinases. Several transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 13-179
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.