- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (71%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal CHCHD7 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human CHCHD7.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of CHCHD7.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CHCHD7 antibody can be used for detection of CHCHD7 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Three alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed. CHCHD7 is predicted to not cross-react to other members of the CHCHD family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 11 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CHCHD7 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CHCHD7 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CHCHD7 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CHCHD7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CHCHD7 Antibody: COX23, Coiled-coil-helix-coiled-coil-helix domain-containing protein 7
- Protein Accession Number: NP_077276
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 64464338
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79145
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CHCHD7 Antibody: CHCHD7 is a newly identified member of a multifamily of proteins containing a conserved (coiled coil 1)-(helix 1)-(coiled coil 2)-(helix 2) domain. Northern blot analysis revealed that the gene is ubiquitously expressed. Its biological function is unknown and the gene has hitherto not been associated with neoplasia. CHCHD7 and PLAG1 are located head-to-head about 500 bp apart in 8q12. A chromosomal aberration involving CHCHD7 is found in salivary gland pleiomorphic adenomas, the most common benign epithelial tumors of the salivary gland.
- 1: Asp J, Persson F, Kost-Alimova M, et al. CHCHD7-PLAG1 and TCEA1-PLAG1 gene fusions resulting from cryptic, intrachromosomal 8q rearrangements in pleomorphic salivary gland adenomas. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2006; 45:820-8.
- 2: Nishimura S, Watanabe T, Mizoshita K, et al. Genome-wide association study identified three major QTL for carcass weight including the PLAG1-CHCHD7 QTN for stature in Japanese Black cattle. BMC Genet. 2012; 13:40.
- 3: Matsuyama A, Hisaoka M, and Hashimoto H. PLAG1 expression in cutaneous mixed tumors: an immunohistochemical and molecular genetic study. Virchows Arch. 2011; 459:539-45.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7143
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin