- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Lys 35 - Gly 320
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 32 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CEACAM6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CEACAM6, CD66c, CEAL, NCA
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002474.3
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4680
- Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 6 (non-specific cross reacting antigen) (CEACAM6) is also known as CD66c (Cluster of Differentiation 66c), CEAL, NCA, and is one of seven human CEACAM family members within the immunoglobulin superfamily. In humans, CEACAMs include type I transmembrane proteins (CEACAM1, CEACAM3, and CEACAM4) and GPI-linked molecules (CEACAM5 through CEACAM8). There is no human CEACAM2. CEACAM 6 contains one N-terminal V-type Ig-like domain (N domain), followed by two C2-type Ig-like domains. It shows considerable glycosylation, including (sialyl) LewisX, which mediates binding to E-selectin, galectins and some bacterial fimbrae. CEACAM-6 is expressed by granulocytes and their progenitors. It is also expressed by epithelia of various organs and is upregulated in pancreatic and colon adenocarcinomas, as well as hyperplastic polyps. Resistance to adhesion-related apoptosis in tumor cells is conferred in the condition of CEACAM6 overexpression.
- 1: Beauchemin, N. et al., 1999, Exp. Cell Res. 252:243.
- 2: Skubitz, K.M. et al., 1999, J. Biol. Regul. Homeost. Agents 13:244.
- 3: Tawaragi, Y. et al.,1988, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 150:89.
- 4: Scholzel, S. et al., 2000, Am. J. Pathol. 156: 595-605.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-179
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.