- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Human colon carcinoma extract was used as the immunogen for this CEA antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the CEA antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CEACAM5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CEACAM5 Antibody : CEA, CD66e, CEA, Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 5, Carcinoembryonic antigen
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1048
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- The COL-1 antibody recognizes proteins of 80-200kDa, identified as different members of the Carcinoembryonic Antigen family. CEA is synthesized during development in the fetal gut and is re-expressed in increased amounts in intestinal carcinomas and several other tumors. This antibody does not react with nonspecific cross-reacting antigen (NCA) and with human polymorphonuclear leucocytes. It shows no reaction with a variety of normal tissues and is suitable for staining of formalin/paraffin tissues. CEA is not found in benign glands, stroma, or malignant prostatic cells. CEA antibody is useful in detecting early foci of gastric carcinoma and in distinguishing pulmonary adenocarcinomas (60-70% are positive) from pleural mesotheliomas (rarely or weakly positive). CEA antibody positivity is seen in adenocarcinomas from the lung, colon, stomach, esophagus, pancreas, gallbadder, urachus, salivary gland, ovary, and endocervix.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-109
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.