- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: CDNF antibody was raised against a 12 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human CDNF.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of CDNF.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CDNF antibody can be used for detection of CDNF by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody does not cross-react with MANF.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: CDNF Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CDNF Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CDNF antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CDNF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CDNF Antibody: ARMETL1, ARMETL1, Cerebral dopamine neurotrophic factor, ARMET-like protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: Q49AH0
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 143955278
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 441549
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CDNF Antibody: The conserved dopamine neurotrophic factor (CDNF) is a neurotrophic factor for dopaminergic neurons and highly homologous to the mesencephalic-astrocyte-derived neuro-trophic factor. Somewhat surprisingly, CDCF is expressed at higher levels in tissues such as heart, skeletal muscle and testes than in brain. Similar to the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), CDNF can prevent the 6-hydroxylamine (6-OHDA)-induced degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. Furthermore, CDNF was able to restore the dopaminergic function and prevent the degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra, suggesting that CDNF might be suitable for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. At least two isoforms of CDNF are known to exist.
- 1: Lindholm P, Voutilainen MH, Lauren J, et al. Novel neurotrophic factor CDNF protects and rescues midbrain dopamine neurons in vivo. Nature2007; 448:73-7.
- 2: Petrova P, Raibekas A, Pevsner J, et al. MANF: a new mesencephalic, astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor with selectivity for dopaminergic neurons. J. Mol. Neurosci.2003; 20:173-88.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4345
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.