- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-CDKN2A antibody (4211) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 18 amino acids near the amino terminus of human CDKN2A.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of CDKN2A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1 - 4 μg/mL; IHC-P: 5 - 10 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and rat samples; Immunofluorescence in human and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1411 - Mouse Colon Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 17 kDa
Observed: 17 kDa
KO Validation (Figure 1): Anti-CDKN2A antibodies (4211) specificity was further verified by CDKN2A specific knockout. CDKN2A signal was not detected in CDKN2A knockout 293 cells as compared to that in control wild type cells.
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar CDKN2A expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-CDKN2A antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 4211 against N-terminus domain and 8975 against the C-terminus domain. CDKN2A proteins are detected only in 293, HeLa and HepG2 cell lines by the two independent antibodies.
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 3) shows that anti-CDKN2A antibody (4211) detects human recombinant CDKN2A protein that contains the amino acids of 4211 antigenic peptide.
- ISOFORMS: Human CDKN2A has 6 isoforms, including isoform 1 (156aa, 17kD), isoform 2 (105aa, 11kD), isoform 3 (116aa, 12kD), isoform 5 (167aa, 18kD), isoform tumor suppressor ARF (132aa, 14kD) and isoform smARF (85aa, 9kD). Mouse CDKN2A has 4 isoforms, including isoform 1 (168aa, 18kD), isoform 2 (125aa, 14kD), isoform tumor suppressor ARF (169aa, 19kD) and isoform smARF (125aa, 14kD). Rat CDKN2A has two isoforms, including isoform 1 (159aa, 17kD) and isoform ARF (160aa, 17kD). 4211 can detect only human isoforms 1, 3 and 5, mouse isoform 1 and rat isoform 1.
- PURIFICATION: CDKN2A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CDKN2A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CDKN2A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CDKN2A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CDKN2A Antibody: ARF, MLM, P14, P16, P19, CMM2, INK4, MTS1, TP16, CDK4I, CDKN2, INK4A, MTS-1, P19ARF, P16INK4, P16INK4A, P16-INK4A, Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000068
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4502749
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1029
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CDKN2A Antibody: The CDKN2A locus gives rise to 2 distinct transcripts from different promoters. The transcripts have been designated p16(INK4A) and p14(ARF). This chromosomal region undergoes a number of inversions, translocations, heterozygous deletions, and homozygous deletions in a variety of malignant cell lines including those from glioma, non-small cell lung cancer, leukemia, and melanoma. Deletion of the region containing CDKN2A is found in more than half of all melanoma cell lines. Conversely, transfection of CDKN2A suppressed the growth of two independent mesothelioma cell lines, suggesting that inactivation of the CDKN2 gene is an essential step in the etiology of malignant mesotheliomas. CDKN2A induces a G1 cell cycle arrest by inhibiting the phosphorylation of the Rb protein by the cyclin-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6. CDKN2A is expressed as at least three distinct isoforms.
- 1: Stone et al. Cancer Res. 1995; 55:2988-94.
- 2: Kamb et al. Nature Genet. 1994; 8:22-6.
- 3: Kratzke et al. J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 1995; 87:1870-5.
- 4: Stott et al. EMBO J. 1998; 17:5001-14.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4211
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.