- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Zebrafish, Mouse, Xenopus
- IMMUNOGEN: This CDK8 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 249-277 amino acids from the Central region of human CDK8.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 53 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CDK8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cyclin-dependent kinase 8, Cell division protein kinase 8, Mediator complex subunit CDK8, Mediator of RNA polymerase II transcription subunit CDK8, Protein kinase K35, CDK8
- Protein Accession Number: P49336
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1345718
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1024
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of thecyclin-dependent protein kinase (CDK) family. CDK family membersare highly similar to the gene products of Saccharomyces cerevisiaecdc28, and Schizosaccharomyces pombe cdc2, and are known to beimportant regulators of cell cycle progression. This kinase and itsregulatory subunit cyclin C are components of the RNA polymerase IIholoenzyme complex, which phosphorylates the carboxy-terminaldomain (CTD) of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II. Thiskinase has also been shown to regulate transcription by targetingthe CDK7/cyclin H subunits of the general transcription initiationfactor IIH (TFIIH), thus providing a link between the'Mediator-like' protein complexes and the basal transcriptionmachinery.
- 1: Seo, J.O., et al. Oncol. Rep. 24(1):285-291(2010)
- 2: Tsutsui, T., et al. Seikagaku 82(3):191-199(2010)
- 3: Chattopadhyay, I., et al. Mutat. Res. 696(2):130-138(2010)
- 4: Donner, A.J., et al. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 17(2):194-201(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-151
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.