- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ser 112 - Ile 195
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 10.7 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD9
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD9, MIC3, TSPAN29, GIG2, MRP1, BTCC1, DRAP27, 5H9
- Protein Accession Number: P21926-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 928
- CD9 antigen is also known as tetraspanin-29 (TSPAN29), 5H9 antigen, Leukocyte antigen MIC3 (MIC3), Motility-related protein, is a multi-pass membrane protein which belongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family or the transmembrane 4 superfamily. CD9 is a cell surface glycoprotein that is known to complex with integrins and other transmembrane 4 superfamily proteins. TSPAN29 is found on the surface of exosomes. MIC3 Involved in platelet activation and aggregation, regulates paranodal junction formation and also Involved in cell adhesion, cell motility and tumor metastasis. CD9 antigen also seems to be a key part in the egg-sperm fusion during mammalian fertilization.
- 1: Katz F., et al., 1984, Eur J Immunol 13 (12): 1008–1013.
- 2: François Le Naour, 2000, Science 287 (5451): 319–321.
- 3: Ikeyama S., et al., 1993, J. Exp. Med. 177:1231-1237.
- 4: Masellis-Smith A., et al., 1994, J. Immunol. 152:2768-2777.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-142
- Size: 0.02 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.