- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Cat: (90%), Bovine: (89%), Mouse: (84%), Rat: (84%), Boar: (78%)
- IMMUNOGEN: CD9 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 19 amino acids near the center of human CD9.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: CD9 antibody can be used for Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1384 - Human Uterus Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 25 kDa
Observed: 25 kDa
- PURIFICATION: CD9 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: CD9 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: CD9 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD9
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD9 Antibody: CD9 molecule, MIC3, MRP-1, BTCC-1, DRAP-27, TSPAN29, TSPAN-29
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001760
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4502693
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 928
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- CD9 Antibody: CD9 is a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, also known as the tetraspanin family. Like other tetraspanins, CD9 is a cell surface glycoproteins play a role in many cellular processes including differentiation, adhesion, and signal transduction (1). CD9 expression plays a critical role in the suppression of cancer cell motility and metastasis. In one study, the knockdown of CD9 expression suppressed the metastatic capacity of human breast cancer cells (2), while other results have shown the opposite effect, suggesting that different proteins associated with CD9 account for its abilities to promote or suppress metastasis (3).
- 1: Murayama Y, Oritani K, and Tsutsui S. Novel CD9-targeted therapies in gastric cancer. World J. Gastroenterol. 2015; 21:3206-13.
- 2: Rappa G, Green TM, Karbanova J, Corbeil D, et al. Tetraspanin CD9 determines invasiveness and tumorigenicity of human breast cancer cells. Oncotarget 2015; 6:7970-91.
- 3: Zoller M. Tetraspanins: push and pull in suppressing and promoting metastasis. Nat. Rev. Cancer 2009; 9:40-55.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8531
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin