- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- CONJUGATE: PerCP-Cy5.5
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow
- SPECIFICITY: The RPA-T8 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with the human CD8a molecule, a 32 kDa cell surface receptor expressed either as a heterodimer (CD8 alpha/beta) or as a homodimer (CD8 alpha/alpha) on the majority of thymocytes, a subpopulation of mature T cells, and natural killer cells.
- PURIFICATION: The monoclonal antibody was purified utilizing affinity chromatography and unreacted dye was removed from the product.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: Mouse IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-buffered aqueous solution, ≤0.09% Sodium azide, may contain carrier protein/stabilizer, ph7.2.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The product should be stored undiluted at 4°C and should be protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD8A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD8, MAL, p32, Leu2, CD8A
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 925
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The RPA-T8 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with the human CD8a molecule, a 32 kDa cell surface receptor expressed either as a heterodimer (CD8 alpha/beta) or as a homodimer (CD8 alpha/alpha) on the majority of thymocytes, a subpopulation of mature T cells, and natural killer cells. CD8 interacts with the major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC class I) molecules on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. The RPA-T8 antibody reacts with 13-48% of peripheral lymphocytes, 80% of thymocytes, and a subset of natural killer cells. RPA-T8, OKT8, and HIT8a antibodies do not compete with each other for binding to peripheral leukocytes, meaning that that they do not recognize the same epitope or block each other by steric hindrance.
- 1: Knapp W(1989) Leucocyte typing IV: white cell differentiation antigens. Oxford University Press, 1989.
- 2: Schlossman, S., L. Bloumsell, et al. eds (1995). Leucocyte Typing V: White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Oxford University Press. New York
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 76-710
- Size: 25 tests
- List Price: $225.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin